We accept good used furniture and household goods. The donation form indicates the type of items we are able to accept.
- Pick ups occur on Thursdays
- We require at least one week prior to the date desired for pick up
- Free pick up of furniture in Manhattan is from Canal Street north to 95th Street only (due to limitations on staff and storage space)
- Donors receive a signed receipt at time of pick up and will receive a thank you letter within 30 days of scheduled pick up
- We typically do not pick up furniture from walk-ups. We will consider your donation if the pick-up is on the 3rd floor or below and the items weigh less than 80 pounds and/or it can be broken down into separate pieces, i.e.: a bed frame
NOTE: Due to the ongoing bed bug epidemic in New York we are unable to accept mattresses, box springs and pillows unless brand new and wrapped.
You may also be interested in our Furniture Request Service.
A note about Furniture Donations and Gifts-In-Kind:
By law, non-profit organizations cannot provide a donor with the dollar value of an In-Kind gift. Such valuations need to be professionally assessed and certified elsewhere, if possible, which is the responsibility of the donor (tax filer). In instances where time and service are donated, the IRS Publication 526 clearly states, “You cannot deduct the value of your time or services.”
For more information, please review IRS Publication 526: Charitable Contributions.